PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:12
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is completely unrelated to the forum subject, but i read somewhere in 'human factors and performance' of oxford, a question something like, "a pilot can fly (be allowed to fly) with bi-focal lens?" a) true b) false, and to my surprise the answer was "b) false"
does this imply that someone with both myopia (short-sightedness) and hyperopia (far-sightedness) cannot be declared medically fit to fly? does this vary according to the country or the fitness board, does dgca allow this? also does myopia and hyperopia help cancel each other out in any way?
i have myopia of -1 diopter, both eyes, and no hyderopia at all as of now, but it's still a cause of concern, especially after aging 20 years of now and plenty of flying, you never know what might happen, is eye-surgery for someone with both defects advisable?
can someone with good knowledge and a sure answer about this please shed some light on the topic as i couldn't find anything more regarding this in the oxford book, thanks!
P.S. - i am a guy unlike what my user name might suggest (which btw is a combination of my name and my sister's name), so someone writing back to me please don't address me as "girl", it makes me bang my head to a wall quite literally!