PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Aviation College
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:36
ashoo89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dint do the aeronautical engineering course at EAC, but I know that it is pathetic...I know some guys who dropped that course to join the HND in Aerospace course half way through....if you are paying so much, dont expect world class teaching from EAC...there are teachers i know who dont speak proper English while in teaching you have to be a master in your language and oratory...

If you ask me which is the best uni to do your aerospace engineering course and be more employable, I would suggest University of Manchester as it is really good and it has got a Rolls Royce research facility as well...any university you go into, make sure they have the resources to teach you well...as compared to eac, which as only 2-3 proper workshops and that too with not so amazing resources...I have seen average uni's like Kingston university in UK and it has got a simulator and an aircraft to work on and what not...and they do many other courses as well..EAC has only 1 wind tunnel which they really fear to operate while another average uni like uni of Hertfordshire in UK has got at least 4 wind tunnels and the smallest one is double the size of the one in EAC....and that uni is much cheaper, and with ure grades you might get a scholarship...(as an aerospace student, wind tunnel testing is in every step you take)

i dont know about universities in canada, US, Austrailia...because I haven't been there..there are loads of forums online and loads of helpful stuff...please not that, if you are planning abroad then you are a little late for September 2011...but better late then never....go for it....

i would never advise you to do aeronautical engineering from EAC.....I can assure you its hell bad and I can give you contacts of guys who have shifted from Aeronautical engineering course to HND in aerospace..they might help you a bit..I can pm you their number and u can take my name as reference to ask them why did they shift...

regards