PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP (Federation) takes legal action against Jetstar
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:45
Management In Charge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management hold the purse strings

I will word my input cautiously as apparently I have offended some allegedly ‘pea hearted’ people in other threads, and I have been banned from inputting my logical structured rationale into some of those other threads.
The use of Consultants is a must in today’s financially unstable environment. Consultants come into the organization with a clear, unbiased and open viewpoint. Admittedly, they will make a raft of recommendations and suggest a variety of cost cutting measures but they do so transparently, over much soul searching and with brute inner strength. Most cost cutting does occur within the labor ranks positioned below the executive management tier, however that is where a lot of money is wasted on poorly educated underperforming overstaffed people. Although Consultants appear to be remunerated handsomely, the reality is that there are many associated running costs with operating a Consultancy, including laundry bills, faxing, affixing stamps to letters and so forth, so in reality a Consultant would earn less than the average A320 cadet. But that does not mean that one should diminish the vital role that Consultants play in aviation. The enthusiasm the Consultant brings into the workplace inspires management to reach levels one could only dream about. In turn Management become even more enthused, creative and inspired, which spells out SUCCESS for the shareholder, our most valued associate.
So in reality we should raise a toast the Consultant. We should appreciate and consider the sometimes difficult and rocky path they must traverse through an organization as they try to strive to deliver savings measure that will greatly satisfy the Shareholder. The future of Consultancies is strong, the savings they bring are superlative, and the vision they possess is awe inspiring. They truly are an intertwining component of the organizational existence, to them I say ‘well done’.