PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:10
Svarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring fault

RR-NDB wrote and quoted one of my posts :

Svarin,

02:11:55 EFCS1 X2,EFCS2X,,,,,,,FCPC2 (2CE2) / WRG:ADIRU1 BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2, HARD

This is definitely a wiring fault, where FCPC2 and ADR1 lose their connection.
What kind of cause can create such wiring fault.

The importance to me is not related to what this "wiring fault" could make to a redundant architecture.

I would like to understand what can create a "wiring fault". Other than a Kapton issue.
RR-NDB, there are two very different considerations related to this wiring fault. The first is why did it happen ? Your question. The second is what are its consequences ? My question.

As to your question, lightning was suggested quite early after the accident in June 2009 by Mr Feldzer. I do not believe it. Coincidence is too great. However, a software versioning compatibility issue would perhaps fit the bill.

As to my question, takata, in an uncharacteristically broadly sweeping answer, made a reference to BUS 2 and BUS 1. Takata, would you care to enlighten us on this BUS structure, please ? Just how many BUSes are there on them 'Buses ? And more importantly, how do they connect all relevant computers (ADRs, FCPCs) together ?

Takata, PJ2, Lemurian, mm43, and other knowledgeable individuals, please tell us, could multiple FCPCs retain their own personal flight law, differing with their "clones" ? What would a trio of clones become after a highly suspicious wiring fault affected only one of them ? What do you make of an airspeed probes fault appearing near simultaneously with a wiring fault ? What becomes of redundancy in this cr@ppy situation ? Why is there no "ADR 1(2)(3) FAULT" message in the sequence ? Why is there a PRIM1 FAULT and no PRIM2 FAULT ?

Best regards

PS : to all who take the time to read my modest posts, thank you for your patience. Please understand that my attitude here is about working with available first-hand evidence only. And so far, ACARS sequence is one very good source for such. Primarily, a maintenance sytem will not tell about crew deficiencies, only aircraft deficiencies. Thus, the reason why I appear strictly one-sided at this time.