PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Aviation College
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:51
ashoo89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad to know you are one step ahead... ..btw, marks and studying in EAC doesnt help you getting in emriates as I know guys who hav distinction grades and are still jobless and also know "just pass" guys working in emirates and adat...its all about reference, luck and how u sell ureself...

if you want to go into manufacturing , then I would suggest you doing a degree in Aerospace Engineering.....but i would not advise you to do it the HND route..as you will have to do 2 years here, then 2 years in UK...

The degree given at EAC is Aerospace TECHNOLOGY and not Aerospace ENGINEERING...Aerospace Engineering is usually a Chartered Engineering course and it is rated higher...Aerospace Technology is a Incorperated Engineering course which is not as useful......Airbus hires Charted Engineering graduates only in its graduate scheme. (this was the case untill 2010, i am not updated about the 2011 graduate scheme)..

with a bachelors in aerospace engineering you also have a choice of getting back to airline if you want, as some Airliners hire Aerospace Engineers as Technical Service Engineers.

If you want to get into manufacturing then it is better if you do your degree from abroad...

Please let me know if you have a choice of going abroad as with a scholarship it will be cheaper for you to study abroad..

do research about the things i have mentioned here as it may help you read and gain more info on things...