PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just done PPL at EFT
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 07:36
vabsie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congratulations ct8282!

I wanted to do the same thing when I still lived in the UK last year - I only managed to get up to 20 something hours and now live in New Zealand.

A busy job, busy family life and lack of holidays are now preventing me from doing my PPL training as quickly as I would like - to be honest, I'm getting quite frustrated that it has taken me about 2 years now to accumulate around 25 hours. I won't give up though but wish that I had done an intensive course too when I had the opportunity to do so.

Speaking of which - Once I have more time again - would it be possible for me to do something similar in the U.S (finish my ppl) and then convert my license when I'm back here in NZ? Or maybe I should consider Australia?

I know that New Zealand don't have JAA licenses so going to the US may be a waste of time - thinking out loud - I just reckon the weather in NZ can be as bad as the UK so an intensive course over here would not really be as guaranteed as other places.

Sorry for asking questions in your thread ... but to return to your post - I think you have done the right thing and wish I had done the same - congratulations once again!

Vabsie