PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Twin Dangers~Ben Sandilands
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 03:10
OhForSure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QAN_Shareholder:

Thank you for your reply. I give you credit for at least remaining objective in your posts without getting involved in some of the personal attacks this site has become known for.

However, I'm very interested to simply know whether or not the present safety environment at Qantas is of concern to you? It's not a trick question, and I'm not trying to disect every little answer you give... I just want to hear what one of our shareholders thinks of the situation. It shows the true health of our company and the direction of our (and your) future.

I can genuinely understand that a shareholder in a company often holds a markedly different view of the company to that of the employees. I would just like to propose that many of the individuals commenting on this forum are passionate supporters of Qantas and aviation in general, not just their own wallets. There are many here who are not Qantas employees and who do not even like Qantas at all, but still hold worried opinions about the direction in which the company is headed. Even many of our passengers have posted their dissatisfaction for the company's mismanagement.

There are REAL experts on this forum. Sunfish's post is an excellent example of this. Other posters have or will provide operational information that management cannot and will not give to you, the shareholder. Believe me, I understand much of your logic. I have a Bachelors degree in Aviation Management and have studied most facets of this industry and I'm extremely passionate about it. I truly understand what's required to manage an airline, but I'm also a pilot and have operational experience that gives me another objective viewpoint.

CUTTING COSTS WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR IN THIS INDUSTRY. AVIATION IS DISSIMILAR TO MOST OTHER INDUSTRIES IN THAT REGARD.