PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset: Sennheiser HMEC 250 vs. Beyerdynamic HS600
Old 22nd May 2011, 22:51
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Hmec 250 is a great little headset, light, comfortable, and folds into a particularly small,flat carry case. The earpieces arent heavy at all as theres only one tripleA battery per cup. As for the buttons on the right earpiece, theyre a piece of cake to operate. If you can afford an ANR headset then I would certainly consider getting one. The difference between ANR and a passive set is worlds apart. I used a Dave Clark H10134 passive set for many years before buying the Hmec 250. The difference in noise reduction and comfort in particular was fantastic. I can wear the Hmec's all day now whereas the DC's would typically start to clamp my head and become painful after an hour or so. The Hmec's noise reduction isnt quite as good of course as the Bose-x or the Lightspeed but at half the price the Hmec is a good alternative at an affordable price.

When it comes to shelling out cash for a headset, buy the best that you can afford....you've only got one set of ears!

Oh and shop around, you can pick up the Hmec for less than £400 if you shop around.