PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just done PPL at EFT
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:31
ct8282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The accommodation is shared from the point of view that you have a communal lounge and kitchen area, but you have your own massive room with en suite bathroom and toilet facilities so I'd class it as own accommodation myself. And to be honest I absolutely loved all of my house mates and we all got on very well. Also we were all there to help each other and share ideas and advice.

We did indeed have a car too which is part of the package. We had 4 people sharing our car and basically just put in your own fuel each time you used it. We often shared journeys to Walmart for shopping etc.

So onto migrating into the British way of doing things. I had my check ride at Shoreham yesterday on the PA28D FADEC. Whilst the radio was different, I wouldn't say it was frightening at all. It will take me a few flights to get used to it but apart from that I would say I'm confident enough to go flying here already. However, I will have a couple more lessons mainly to get me used to things such as the 'overhead' join which of course they don't do in the states. However, I do already feel confident enough to fly here solo and will just put a bit of study time to swat up with these differences before I fly solo here for the first time.

I will defo keep you posted.