PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long did it take for you to get reply from CPP after you sent your application?
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:27
SpinDrift17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had an app in for about 2 years now for the DESO program, and have yet to hear a word, except of course for the auto-generated replies...

I'm new as of today to this forum...I came here looking for info about CX in general, and hiring information specifically...

What sort of time / experience is CX looking for in an SO applicant anyways? I've been assuming that I just don't meet their expectations; however I've been reading about how they can only get low-time applicants now.

Currently I'm flying for my second regional in the States (after being furloughed from my first)...full ATPL, typed on 3 transport-category aircraft, 3000 TT with about 2500 in turbines...where I am lacking in quals? Do you have to have someone walk in your app before it gets a serious glance?

The new C package...sounds like a bum deal. I recently flew with a Capt who had been in the pool for about 2 years, and turned down the new offer. He forwarded me the emails with the compensation package...

Now, I don't know what they used to be. I'm assuming quite a bit more, hence the outrage over the new numbers. However, I crunched the numbers, and the first year SO pay is still 2.5 times more a month than I'm making here as a regional pilot.

So...should I even try to keep going with this? These forums make CX sound like doom and gloom...but being at the bottom of a regional airline is pretty ****ty already. It's not about accepting a crap deal, and I'm way past the SJS, but in my current situation the new compensation package is still a huge improvement.