PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:59
bearfoil

Safety Concerns

"...All BEA are trying to do now is ensure a professional release of the information because it has been established that the a/c was technically fine. Now that doesn't leave many options.

Until we know why the crew didn't avoid that weather front we won't know why this happened. We already know what happened...."

Not sure how you in fact know what "All BEA are trying to do"

How do you know they were in weather?

You already know what happened?

I think you are basing conclusions on the Leaks.

At this point, "technically fine" is in play. The "Leaks" almost certainly derived from BEA data, though the "provider" identity is in doubt.

If BEA spill the beans this quickly, it will be surprising. If they do, they will have made a rapid fire finding of fact(s). Indicative of an unusually clear chain of failure, the data must have been remarkably straightforward

I am still intrigued by the method by which the a/c stalled. Was it AoA creep, was it inattention, the fact remains it occurred prior to, or consequent to a/p, a/thr loss. How steep was the incline Captain DuBois had to climb towards the Flight Deck?

If his voice is on the CVR, shouting, then one suspects loud ambient noise, which he felt he had to overcome, or did he take exception to the crew's lack of response?

All in all, even to this day, nothing new, whether airframe or crew related. I've been yelled at, but I deserved it.