PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPad only apps
Thread: iPad only apps
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:53
infloweffect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air nav pro works gr8 on the iPad 2. (VFR). Hmmm I would not be using it other than for a ref on the moving map. Def not an IFR app. It is fun and has plenty of features and would be ok for the part time aviator to help with map reading or overlays of danger areas and CTR boundarys but the data base is not (-at this stage) at any level of accuracy. It's more like a good tool to use for situational awareness or in x-plane for an up coming IRT. This allows you to fly and use the iPad to display the moving map. I found the WAC charts to be awesome and the zoom very clear. The charts did take some time to download and were expensive. Oz runways will be the iPad revolution when v2.0 comes out with WAC VNC En low etc. Awesome and cheap and updated with some good fail safe features applied so u can't use old charts. If you have an iPhone It can be used as a back up. I would still carry all the charts and plates IFR until CASA deam it satisfactory. I mean really u can loose a chart just as easily as having a flat battery or other electronic failure.