PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in the Profession anymore?
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:02
Fly Better!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be interesting to see how long the happy people in this thread have been in the industry and how long they have been flying and likewise for the ones who arent so happy.

I would guess that the happy ones are new and the not so happy ones have seen better times.

Or the happy folk are working for 'proper' airline where they feel valued, are well paid and arent being worked into an early grave (one way or another).

For me; I wouldnt encourage my kids into a flying career. Mainly because I see no future in it in the long term and I see no end to the screwing down of terms and conditions.

The person who posted earlier saying that 'try spending 9 - 5 in an office', well I think you will find many of us have, and from where I am sitting right now it doesnt look half bad! Regular hours, home every night, good money etc etc.

I have worked in aviation for almost 20 years and have been flying for 30, I love flying, I dont love flying for an airline. I think pilots have been de-valued for several reasons but mainly because unlike any other job I know people are prepared to pay to go to work.

Last edited by Fly Better!; 22nd May 2011 at 20:06.