PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:42
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Walter, I can only speak for myself when I say that I do not have much problem with your proposal that there was a situation in the "Peace" negotiations that was affected, for better or worse, by the demise of the 25 passengers that died on that hillside. What I do not accept is the scenario that you draw out of that, which is that a highly qualified and experienced crew permitted themselves to be lured towards rising ground in IMC by a third party on the Mull. Even if their authorisation included such a homing, let alone landing or flyby, to do so into the cloud that enshrouded the Mull that day would have indeed been Gross Negligence.
We have learned much on this thread over recent years, principally that there was Gross Negligence. It was not on that Flight Deck though, but in the labyrinthine corridors and offices of the MOD and the RAF High Command. That is where your conspiracy existed, not one of political manoeuvring but one simply of incompetence and arrogance. Time it was faced up to and measures taken to ensure that UK Military Airworthiness can never be compromised in that way again.
Self Regulation Never Works and in Aviation It Kills!