PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in the Profession anymore?
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:50
Propellerhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Aldente's post sums up lo cost flying pretty well which I did for a couple of years. Is it worth paying 100k+ to do that for 30yrs? No.
I'm very lucky to finally have a great flying job on a modern long haul jet with a 'major', with excellent terms and conditions. Had some amazing trips staying in luxurious hotels around the world, flying a delightful aircraft, eating 1st class food, spending more time in bunks than an average lo co sector, being proud of the service we're delivering, flying with the best, both in the FD and cabin, seeing the world as I always wanted to.. Is it worth paying 100k for what I'm doing? Yes. Unfortunately, looking around there aren't many flying jobs like this anymore. Having felt a bit like some of the other posts here for the last 8 years the contrast is amazing.

Having said that, CTC cadets, who have been so much maligned on here for paying for their own TRs etc, are now joining majors with 500hrs straight from EZY after 1yr. Who's got the last laugh? Them probably as they are now on 60k a year and joining a major whilst under 25.

Last edited by Propellerhead; 22nd May 2011 at 09:01.