PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX715 engine fire
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 21:52
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broadband,

as you put it back on thread.

If you knew anything then you would know that there was an initial report from Reuters within about 6 hours of the event happening, mostly reported by the experienced press photographer who was onboard the a/c with his family. CX initially refused to comment and I think made their very bland statement late on the day of the event.

So the rest of the world had mostly the verbal experiences of the pax to go on, and in their own way they retold the story as they experienced it - educated or not in the field of aviation and engine failures - to them a fire is a fire, the light's going out is the lights going out, a bang could be an explosion, severe vibration can be anything their minds think....

Yes, there is sensationalism in the press. And I'm certain you're right that Simon spelt the skippers name wrong - but considering he wouldn't have got any of that from CX, what's the use in crying?

But if you find CX's uber-conservative nature soothing, and the PR machine flawless - trust me it's so much better to know the truth, than the 9th floor view of the world.....

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes