PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 21:19
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
27/09

The reason I did not get a look at was not that they were not interested but because I did not have the recent NZ experience.

I was interviewed by a well known airline who told me that I fit the company mould and were very interested in employing me but I had to go and fly for someone else for 6months to a year to get NZ experience and then come back to them.

So off I went and applied to everyone i thought fit only to be asked if I had the same thing....NZ experience.

Eventually I thought, this, I do not have to go fly a PA31 around for a year earning nothing to get my chance at a 737 800. Not that I think that is downgrading but i could not suppoort my family on that salary and as sure as hell with the amount of many I have spent over the course of my career am I NOT going to go live on a flexible friend.

I think with a vast amount of flying experience throughout the world, it would not come down to me having to prove myself for 6-12 months before offering me as job. Just chuck me in a sim, if I am not good enough then fair is fair but at least give me the chance!!

As for the airline, well I am happy not to have been accepted, since a KIWI friend has been accepted and he is unhappy with T's and C's and rosters. Spends along time away from family and has invested into the company by having to pay for his type rating.

I took my experience and knowledge and looked elsewhere and a good company liked what they saw and off I went. I was not expected to have recent flying experience within the country as experience is experience mate and it doesnt matter where in the world you gained it. if you can fly a perfect single engine ILS in Geneva, Dubai or even LAX then I am sure you will be able to shoot one in Auckland.

I got a container to pack, Im outter here