PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question on Emirates- please don't merge into one size fits all thread
Old 21st May 2011, 14:20
Laker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is good advice to insist on the 777. The lifestyle is night and day from the 330. I think it's safe to say the Boeing flying is easier than 330/340. One leg and off to the hotel in Singapore, Bangkok, LAX, Milan, etc. You do get some turnarounds but nowhere near what the 330 guys deal with. If you take the 330 you will one day get the 380 with it's very nice lifestyle but you have to put up with 3 years of busting your as@.

I disagree with MosEisley regarding the flight benefits. The lack of the jumpseat does suck. But being able to buy confirmed seats (ID 50) is a very nice benefit in my opinion. Otherwise it's standby with ID 90's. You also have to consider the fact that a Business class seat at EK is much different from a business class seat at most US legacies. The USA is one of the few regions where pilots are able to fly on any airline for free, with access to the jumpseat if the plane is full. You won't find guys from other parts of the world expecting that benefit. Except maybe Spain and some parts of South America,