PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 21st May 2011, 08:00
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a 89er I cannot believe some of these posts. Firstly ALAEA FED SEC, Limos? Us? Mate we were lucky to get a taxi and then only if the crew bus broke down, limos are for rock stars mate, not line pilots. (Not in TAA anyway). Secondly who was the goose that put in that staff travel crap? In my long career I have seen Sky Gods DEMAND a seat on a aircraft that is chockers, to the discomfort to the ground staff and the FSD/CSM or what ever you call them these days. Pull your head in, if the freckin thing is full, tough, get the next one, like the rest of us. Thirdly, I would like to take you down the path to 89 and let you know what it is like. The company, the govt, who will support them, yes, even a left wing bunch of idiots that we have running the country now, they will bat for management not you. Thirdly, as much as I cannot imagine them recruiting pilots from OS who are current on type, we thought the same. There are plenty of pilots who would love to come to OZ from South Africa, USA and the sandpit. Also from Europe. Don't doubt it. Yes, less money (perhaps) but the life style for them and their families appeal. So softly, softly, catchee monkey boys, just remember that, from one that had his life turned upside down and how. You need a professional PR person, for a start, You need to get the journos on side, (get rid of the idiot with staff travel fetishes) and proceed slowly and with caution, we, the 89ers, would HATE to see it happen again, we dont want any of you placed in our situation EVER again.