PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 21st May 2011, 06:58
Airstink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and u guys will save alot of money choose the states, flying hour on 172 is around 6000 pesos, in philippines around 10k.
I don't disagree with you in saying you'll get more value for your money training in the US or you'll get better instruction in Australia or even Europe. You will, definitely. Why? Because instructors in these countries have their licenses on the line whenever they release a student for a checkride. It goes in their records if their student fails.

That, in my opinion, makes the biggest difference between the Philippines and developed countries when it comes to flight training. In the PI, the CAAP doesn't care how many of your students flunk. Mainly because almost nobody fails on a checkride there. As long as they can provide an "incentive" ($) to the check pilot, they're sure to get their licenses after 1-2 weeks.

People can argue the whole day about equipment, FUEL and pricing. But at the end of the day, it's the quality of instruction that you receive which will determine whether or not it's worth it.

And any top-quality instructor won't get into an unsafe aircraft. Trust me.

If you're going to argue that flight training is better in other countries, focus on things that really matter. Doing so would also provide better goals and objectives in determining how to improve the industry in the Philippines.

If you even care, that is.