PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities of Pilot Strike Breakers
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 06:51
ThePaperBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is going to get very interesting...

MIC, if in fact you are part of QF management in any capacity I think it's best you rethink some of your comments:

It is Management and HR that make an organisation continue to run effectively and profitably and the sooner that frontline workers realise this the better.
Since you are so highly skilled you better run back to your university studies and read up on the bits about organisational behaviour and keeping a work force motivated. While you're at it have a read of some case studies about Southwest and Continental (Bethune era) and discover how to engage your workforce and therefore increase productivity. You will discover some outstanding tactics to ensure a win-win situation that didn't involve handing out extra money. I don't believe this battle is about an extra 3% or some seats on a long haul flight, it is about respect. It is not within this country's norm to treat the workforce with disrespect and hope they obey, but then again maybe that is why you are trying to push into some Asian countries.

Maybe you could just have a look across the tarmac and see how Borghetti is going with his workforce. Once their cost structure has been sorted and Game Change plans fully implemented you are in for a world of pain. VA staff are in the majority paid less than QF, but that doesn't seem to affect motivation.

I'm not part of the QF or VA group, but I am an army of one. My business travels might be only worth a few thousand dollars a year, but that is a few thousand dollars less QF shareholders will see in their annual report this year. Listening to a few business travellers on VA this work I am not alone.