PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter to Geoffrey Thomas (Aviation expert)
Old 21st May 2011, 05:19
Eddie Bauer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will preface this by stating that I am not an aviation expert, merely one of the multitude of walking freight that fly on QF, and fly quite regularly (every 2 weeks interstate and intrastate on QF and QFlink).

Since the demise of Ansett, QF has been my preferred carrier. I always chose to fly QF due to the fact that I felt it gave many Australians a job and futures for kids coming up through the ranks.

I am appalled by the current state of affairs. Management have absolutely lost the plot. I don't give a stuff about new FF programs or enhanced points earning. I don't give a stuff about new partnerships with Optus. I certainly don't give a stuff about new top tier Platinum One (or whatever they want to call it!).

What I do care about is the future of Australian men and women who are, and have been, doing a bloody great job looking after the flying public. Whether it be the hosties, pilots, F/O's or LAME's. I think that job protection is a must. Why are we outsourcing safety critical areas of the business? Quality control cannot be managed correctly when the process is done away from our business.

As has been stated previously, the experience that is gained by working in our own maintenance shops is not something that can be learnt from a text. It is something that is handed down to new generations of staff that come through the business.

I would like to point out to Mr Joyce and the board, you need to talk to the travelling public more. I would rather pay more for my flight and get a full service experience (which also relates to maintenance and training) than try to get the cheapest deal on a LCC. And I know that many of my colleagues would agree.

To the QF management team i say, you will only find the darkest corner of the room whilst you have your head up your arse. Please remove it and see the light.

to the QF staff, keep up the good fight! You have mine and many others support out there. We do not want to boycott the airline as we feel this will only hurt your cause. Thanks and keep up the great work on the ground and in the air guys and gals, and i'll see you next time i fly!