PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities of Pilot Strike Breakers
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 05:05
hotnhigh

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The race to the bottom for the moment has been overtaken by the need for a dysfunctional Mgrs, Exec & Board to come up with the goods. The real power will be for the Unions to keep AJ & Co on the edge of the cliff looking down at the valley of failure for as long as possible.
Spot on airtags. The greatest sadness in all of this is that managements only solution to the degradation in qantas market share is to attack employees.
Only now is the penny starting to drop with some of the "media types" out there that there are fundamental problems with the business and won't be solved by the current board due to their arrogance, inability to look further ahead beyound next years numbers, and to provide the illusion of doing something to somehow impress major institutional shareholders by taking on all of your employees whom management deem to be the reason why the wheels are falling of the qantas groups profitability.

The question I would put to Mr Clifford, Mr Joyce and the qantas board is simply,
Why should I fly Qantas internationally? And what problems do you have with the international operation?
It would be interesting to hear their responses. They wont identify the problems that they have created, they will only blame inefficient staff.
Not the fact that I can choose a number of different carriers that offer newer aircraft, more cabin crew compliment and a greater number of services per day from a multitude of Australian ports where Qantas either has one or none.
This our home ground for goodness sake! They wont identify that the reduction in international market share has been mirrored by the arrival of jetstar and the transfer of business to that operation. They wont acknowledge that more and more Australians are travelling now more than ever and they have positioned Qantas not to capitalize on this.

They will never get it I'm afraid. However, I hope the major shareholders do get it before it's too late.