PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - arab youth and the american accent
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 02:56
WhatsaLizad?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't surprise me that some may act like something seen from USA television. The world has my personal USA apologies for dealing with the clueless garbage transmitted from our clueless left coast.

Had an "incident" a few years ago in the Caribbean. A "local" 20 something "youth" got belligerent with my Captain nearby. He thought it was 1 v 1 and a 50 lb advantage. He was quite surprised at the "sudden" appearance of the FO, which recalculated the equation as 2 v 1, and a 200 lbs disadvantage, not including the soon the be broken bottle of Carib in the FO's hands. (the "speed" advantage was also cut by the soft beach sand)

The USA MTV influence then appeared. The "local" started a 'gangsta' style act of lifting up his gangsta pants at each leg, along with his gangsta t-shirt. he seemed to forget that the act when done in Compton or Watts in LA generally results in showing a hidden weapon as a sign of force. At our Caribbean locale, it showed perfectly that he was unarmed and just a jabbering unarmed fool. Eventually he figured the odds out and left the scene, jabbering threats and insults of course

As an American, I won't aplogize for much, but will bow for forgiveness to the world for TV, Hollywood and McDonalds