PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Question for CASA: Are two CFI's better than one?
Old 29th Sep 2002, 01:42
engine out

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If I refer to my trusty CAO's under 82.0 which relates to conditions of the AOC, Appendix 1 table A for an operator with any thing but one single engine aeroplane the CP must be employed on a full time basis, therefor one would assume as per the award should be paid on a full-time basis.

The wage situation is an industry standard as I well know and things will never change. To charge the correct amount one is priced out of the market and newer pilots are always willing even if it is unwittingly so to cross lines for work. i have seen many pilots who say that things are stuffed and complain at others working for free who given the chance would do so themselves, the line is thin.

However I do have complaints with the opportunists who prey on this. The standard of instructing is slipping and it is mainly with the owners I lay the blame, and I don't mean the schools where the owners are CFI's/ CP as they usually up hold both good standards of work and customer service. I have an example of one school who will not let you hire a plane after 5pm as the instructors go home and even when the staff are doing nothing will not fill aeroplanes for students. It is the little things that make the school/ company a good business not just the flying. Would junior pilots do this if they got more pay or respect from the owners who can tell? I will now get of my high horse and have a beer.

Last edited by engine out; 29th Sep 2002 at 08:05.