PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 20th May 2011, 20:24
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking to managers. Perhaps I misquoted when I said BA would be "happy" with 30%, rather upto this figure would be within the planning assumptions made when MF was set up. As I said the concept of MF is not one of long term careers with their associated high costs, the model is one of high turn over and fresh faces. Ultimately the labour market will decide on what the turnover is and there will a training cost implication in a high turnover rate. This will have to be balanced against the higher costs of long term retention of MF crew. It may well be a strategy that only works in the short term while the world economy is still struggling, as the economy picks up and jobs become easier to find the turnover rate may well increase to an unsustainable level and T&Cs will improve, but at the moment BA are not concerned about the turnover rate. It is, however, early days.

By the by, I am merely reporting things that I have heard from sources that I consider to be reliable. Please do not infer or conclude that I am defending these opinions, they are not mine but just things that I have heard, also feel free to believe others if you think they have more concrete information.
Not sure who to believe these days...the head of MF has announced a "review" of pay based on feedback from MF cabin crew ... draw your own conclusions (or guesses).

Yes I know the supermarket, but it is a bit small. If you cannot afford to eat in Rio, at least the Bacardi is cheap.
Cheaper and less hassle just to Delsey Dine. Limits the supermarket to drinks or some milk for tea.