PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 19:50
DenisG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pressure Piling on BEA

@ Squawk_ident

Hi Squawk_ident.

With regard to your posting above concerning the pressure that is being piled up from " ...political and economic power...", let's please not forget that everybody in this forum who is participating in the discussion about AF447's accident cause, including me, is contributing to this pressure as well, which is in many perspectives a very positive development, compared to e.g. 15 years ago.

Of course there are limits and BEA's work must not be compromised by false accusations or by loading them with supplementary PR work in order to keep the conspiracy theorists at bay and away from naive press colleagues. But we can be sure that they as well follow this thread in order to think out of the box and at the same time this community also represents a sort of legislative power, as the media would be picking up any major cries of foul from this community - we make a contribution as well.

This represents a very positive development in my eyes and improves accountability and transparency to most stakeholders. They are being paid to do their jobs and this includes dealing with public and societal and whatever else pressure.

Being the technician in charge or not, it is part of his job and I bet that most pilots would frankly claim their daily responsibility and respectively pressure to be feeling much bigger indeed.

So don't become too touched by their efforts. They will for sure earn our respect and credit in this investigation, as well as in others (e.g. Air Caraibes), but they have to deliver first.