PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever get annoyed with PPL students?
Old 28th Sep 2002, 22:21
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youngskywalker,
I am sorry you should think the way you think. Maybe your airfield does have a problem, but I think you should see from the comments here that the vast majority of us remember that you are learning not only how to fly but effectively speak a foreign language at the same time.

One of the biggest problems I have encountered is that many flying schools place little emphasis on RTF procedures.
If your R/T was up to speed that would give you far more thinking time.
Life histories are an enourmous problem for us, the other main difficulty I have encountered is the lack of understanding of the phrase "standby".
You may find that a locally based ATCO will be prepared to help you with your R/T. I would be very surprised if there were not 1 or 2 members of the flying club who are ATCO's.

I well remember my very first exercise at the college with one aircraft in the circuit and one vehicle on the Apron and the shear terror that I may say the wrong thing. We are human we do understand .
But you must all learn your R/T it is an integral part of your Flying and should never be considered as secondary.