PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot job
Thread: Pilot job
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 11:31
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes right, he was not the administrator if this is what you mean, he was the director of the biggest and most important center of NASA.

He was the director of the Marshall Space Flight Center. And what is that? Here it is: The George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) is the U.S. government's civilian rocketry and spacecraft propulsion research center. The largest center of NASA, MSFC's first mission was developing the Saturn launch vehicles for the Apollo moon program. Marshall is today the agency's lead center for Space Shuttle propulsion and its external tank; payloads and related crew training; International Space Station (ISS) design and assembly; and computers, networks, and information management. Located on the Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, Alabama, MSFC is named in honor of General of the Army George Marshall.

He was also the chief architect of Saturn V.

He was a director for NASA, and at the very center of the moon project, both as a director of the Marshall space flight center and as a scientist. Cannot be more involved than that.

I should have been more accurate I beleive. Let's be more precise then:
The director of the Marshall space flight center (yes this is NASA, the most important part of it if we speak about space and moon), and the chief architect of Saturn V (the first one to reach the moon in our history) was a nazi SS officer.

Hope I have been accurate enough.