PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 11:13
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ofcourse CU! I was just being silly! Very busy day compared to most for ATC and ground staff at LDY!

I don't know if people have been following the BE thread, but apparently the AMS route out of INV is doing great booking wise before it's even started! But the LGW route is in doubt, as possible landing prices rises at LGW.

I know I'm being impatient but I'd love to see our airport being used to it's full potential, and it's good to see LDY gaining rotations and new routes. I think if we do see an extra route from BE, it'll be to EDI with 3 rotations a week as they did with NOC at first. I think the arguement for EDI is even stronger than MAN as more people in NI have relatives and connections in Scotland. Prestwick is also further from EDI that LPL is from MAN. Fingers crossed for that route and more in time. The fact that AMS is doing so well from INV is also a real hope for LDY. We might get our first major continental city link through BE. Wouldn't be surprised that if INV has to cut rotations of it's E195 to LGW, they would gain CDG!