PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 10:03
baggersup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm confused by the communique to BASSA members above.

It addresses the fears of some members that a "yes" vote means BASSA withers on the vine. The author contends that a "no" vote means the vine dies before BASSA withers. Hm.

The Agreement says ONE Unite branch at Heathrow will represent all cabin crew members. Doesn't this mean good bye BASSA and goodbye CC89 with a "yes" vote?

And I'm lost as to what the dying vine means, upon which BASSA will not be allowed to linger like the final scene from "Camille." Don't know what he means about the vine dying before...etc. What does this mean exactly?

The agreement seems to indicate that upon the implementation of the agreement BASSA and CC89 cease to exist.

So a "no" vote actually would keep BASSA and CC89 alive, wouldn't it?
Because another strike ballot would have to be mailed? No dying vine there.

Would BASSA/CC89 stay very much alive for a IA vote to be taken yet again? (Unless there is some BA consequence to a "no" vote that The Leader isn't telling the membership.)

On the other hand, "Yes" and it's bye bye BASSA/CC89?

His inference seems to be that if you are worried about BASSA withering on the vine, vote "yes." When their "yes" vote will produce the end of BASSA/CC89 immediately, n'est ce pas?

As I said, I'm confused....