PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 08:03
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SBF
Put your family/kids in that plane....... now tell me you are happy to see a 200hour FO behind the stick.
Tell us how many 200 hour FO's are there flying jets in New Zealand? Or turbo props for that matter? Your argument on this is a bit thin I suspect. Compared to some parts of the world New Zealand is awash with pilots with experience.

Yes, you might have more, or in your view better experience, but telling that to a local, and it doesn't matter where in the world you say that, isn't the way to endear yourself to them especially when you want a job.

The problem you face is that seniority is they way things are largely done in NZ. This almost rules out any DEC for guys with your experience. Like it or not that is the way it is. It affect locals, just as badly as yourself, who decide to jump off then want to come back, they have to start at the bottom. Don't take it personally. Perhaps your expectations were based on different circumstances.

However at the risk of sounding presumtious and/or offending you I cannot help wonder that your attitude might have counted against you when talking to the recruiters at the places you have tried to get into. You seem to have failed where others like you have succeeded. I remember being told it's not your flying experience/ability that matters most it's your ability to be able to relate and work with people that counts, your flying comes next.