PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New JQ Contract
Thread: New JQ Contract
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 05:20
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigboeingboy, I don't work for JQ, but I have mates who do. They are good blokes, professionals in the true sense of the word, & the only reason they took the job in the first place was because personal circumstances & a lack of better options were such that it was either JQ or nothing. Some of them have since been able to vote with their feet & take their skills elsewhere, & some are just waiting for the opportunity.

It's very easy for us all to be armchair critics & point the finger at them, but I make it a point of trying not to pass judgment on someone before walking a mile in their shoes. Nor do I tar everyone with the same brush. So instead of taking the cheap option & criticising them for taking the job in the first place, prostituting themselves, degrading the industry, etc etc, how about we just turn the page & give them a bit of support for once! If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at BB & his despicable band of mis-managers for trying to sell this sh!te in the first place.

"I think primarily the union's concerned about whether they've got less industrial clout when the EBA comes up in 2013," Mr Buchanan said. "We make no apologies. The focus for us is about creating a profitable, successful business and it's tough, the airline game's tough."
The arrogance of this person is truly astonishing!