PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLMuk / CABAIR Sponorship info........
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2001, 00:43
Honest Frank

All is not so rosey-
If interested and you do get to the final stages of selection, I would suggest you visit the instructors at the sCabair schools to get their up to date experience.
I know many KLMuk sponsored pilots who either were put into a holding pool indefinately(they subsequently went on to gain employment with other airlines-not good if you were led to believe that there would be a job waiting for you only to be thrown onto the shelf with all other job applicants and fighting for interviews)or were told that a F50 course would be available in 3-4 months (after gaining their I/R).

Sounds ok having a job available but for those months waiting who pays the bills?

Another point worth making is that the sponsored KLMuk pilots earn considerably less than that quoted once they start with KLMuk - approx £300 less each month.Not good if you are going to be based away from home.And you are up to your neck in debt.

Remember-

Whilst at Cranfield training for the first 6 months you earn £0.
Whilst working as an instructor for the next 2+ years you won't be earning bundles of cash especially in winter months.
Whilst back at Cranfield again doing your I/R you will earn £0.
So during these first few years you will build up some debt only to be on a reduced wage WHEN and IF you start with KLM uk.