PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2002, 19:50
Freak On A Leash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tried those magical words "student pilot" if ATC seems to be speaking a foreign language?No shame in that at all!You can also reject/deny vectors if you see that they`re going to put you in a position where you cannot comply with the VFR minimums.ATC is there as a service to you.
A forced deviation on a solo training flight can be a very good learning experience.A good way to show that you`re able to cope with stress and immediate changes.Of course, maybe your flight planning wasn`t 100% if you got WX deviated on a VFR flight...Convective Sigmet perhaps?
Radio failures are a part of the game.That`s why you should at least have the light gun signals on your kneeboard and know the procedures for the given airport.Had one myself when I had just begun instructing.Did the procedures, got the green light and landed safely.Called the tower, had a talk and everything was ok again.
My best advice is to admit your mistakes (to yourself), then go back and see if you could have done anything differently.A good pilot never stops learning.