PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAP MBF Trustees sending Member toward Bankruptcy
Old 19th May 2011, 19:26
Mark Whitaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just after I posted the above update and after the monthly payment arrived into my bank account I received this email from the so called "[email protected]"

Good afternoon Mark,

The Board has once again considered your claim for the payment of the NCB. The matter was discussed at length and I am writing to inform you that our opinion remains unchanged. Please keep us informed as to any changes relevant to your claim. Regards David Harget.

As they have NEVER informed me what their "Opinion" is, how do I know what to tell them if it changes.

The trustees have an obligation under the rules to inform me as to what they need. This has never been done other than to send me to another Cardiologist whose report they have ignored!

Also, I have not changed the email sent to me by the so called [email protected]

It did not come on a letterhead with a signature! Is this the actions of a Chairman of a $100M+ organisation about a $359000 Capital Claim.

To me it looks like something from someone who likes to have Chairman of the AAPMBF on his resume and has no understanding of Corporate Governance nor his obligations and responsibilities under the Financial Services Act.

* So according the fence sitting of this so called chairman and the other Trustees I will be on the monthly benefits. So far I have had 12 months of 1.5%, which totals 18% of my Capital benefit. I will then be on another 48 months at 1% totaling 66% of my Capital Benefit, all taxed by the way. So what happens after 5 years, since my condition is “Stable” as stated by 3 Cardiologists, what next, do they pay me out the remaining 33%, sorry not in the rules, or do I just go away and loose all future benefits?

I have no idea!