PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 19:08
tubby linton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The A332 schedules fuel into the tail during refuelling for a load above 34.5t and it schedules up to about 2500kg until the selected quantity is above 71.788t. This is also the figure when the centretank starts to fill. The trim is full with a fuel aboard at 105.2t
The standard practice for my company A332 is to put all the bags in holds 3 and 4 to achieve a rearward cg for fuel economy but ours are in a two class fit and are generally full throughout.
Fuel is loaded into the trim for fuel economy and on the A300-600 for flight envelope purposes at mtow. During my time on the A332 I do not remember ever loading more than 80t with 10 hour sectors and high zfw and for most of our flights the centre tank was empty. I also only can think of one crew who ever filled one up with fuel and this is only possible when the aircraft is empty.
Does anybody have a copy of the flight plan with the flight time and an idea of the zfw? I could then give a rough guess as to the likely fuel aboard at push back.i could also do a rough calculation of where the cg was but I am guessing at around 37%
As to hot mics all of our UK registered aircraft have this and they are all anr equipped.