PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2002, 18:25
Colonel Klink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakedwell!! Don't get me started on Air Europe! Yes, you are quite right about it's going bust following record profits, something I don't believe will happen to easyJet. The Low cost model has proven to be very robust and even survived 9/11 very well. The ONE thing easjet does do well is put bums on seats.
By contrast however, Air Europe had a loyal pilot workforce most of whom (including myself) would still be there today if it were still going, such was the degree of respect that the management were held in, and we in turn felt respected and a necessary part of the operation and futiure of the company.
It was a quality operation in every respect, one that all pilots felt proud to be a part of. Salaries were excellent, without the "Bargain basement" feeling that current negotiations are producing. Uniforms were supplied, medicals paid for, meals were too (without threatening to have them removed) and most importantly (read this Ray) the company had a huge spirit that far surpasses anything "orange" being shoved down one's throat!! Nothing was too much trouble at AE, contast this with leaving a message at easyland, anyone who has knows what I mean as your calls will never be returned.The bottom line is: it was a happy airline and no one (very few, anyway) ever left.