PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2002, 18:14
Lodestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I be worried now???

I know that when there is smoke the fire can not be far away but hey, isnt this a little too much?

I mean, what is the problem with flying an A320 with three cabin crew members? I used to fly for Sabena and there it was standard to fly with three CCm on an A320....Only when it was a short flight or when there where a lot of business pax than we would have an extra crewmember on board...

Legally you need 1 ccm/50 pax with a minimum of one CCM per door that is active.....this meaning that three on an A320 and 6 on the A300 is absolutely legal and considered safe by the CAA

5hours sectors on a turnaround basis in a demanding airport......done all over the world!

Reporting for these duties at midnight....done all over the world!

On the other hand I think that the staff leaving by dozens, adjustments to duty times and sheduling off days on a stopover are very very very dangerous things to do as an airline!!!!
These are the fastest measures to demotivate your personnel and that is the last thing you want to have happening in an airline that is growing this fast...

Growing is one thing, staying safe is another!! And a succesfull growth can only be achieved by motivated staff and personnel....

Please keep these comments going.....a lot of this forums members are in the hiring process of QR so all info is most wellcome....