PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pilots, You Are Losing The Battle.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:39
QAN_Shareholder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain South,

As a pilot involved in the current fight, while I don't like details of our EBA coming out to the public as part of the war,I don't really think that public opinion will win or lose the war.
HOWEVER.....if that is the way it's run, why don't we publish the details of AJ's package or Buchanan or any of the other fools running this show?
I'm pretty sure they would get confirmed first class seats, millions of dollars in shares etc etc
AJ's contract was detailed in an ASX release when he became CEO and the senior execs remuneration is summarised in the annual report every year.

And yes they are very well paid as indeed are all executives of major Australian listed companies. IMHO executive pay in Australia, and elsewhere, has got way out of control and Qantas historically were responsible for some of the worst excesses. But Qantas aren't out of line with other companies now and frankly the performance related structure (but not the magnitude) of his contract is far more palatable to shareholders than a seniority system.