PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Base Support Wing or Base Supported Wing- the debate continues
Old 19th May 2011, 09:32
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Furiosity!

I have just tried - in vain - to contact the admin staff on a fairly major UK airfield on an operationally-related matter concerning a CSSU. I spent over an hour calling any Admin Sqn extension that I could find (most provided by the Guardroom staff - the only 'live' humans I spoke with). I was referred to other numbers etc etc - most extensions didn't have voice mail and the 'urgent/compassionate' number went through to the Chief Clerk who is OOA.

Moreover PSF's hours are now incredibly restrictive according to their recorded message: 0930-1200; 1330-1500 (1200 on Fridays). I only hope that this is due to staff shortages. As an Admin officer then GD and now Personnel Support (whatever) I found this incredibly frustrating and embarrassing. And I am no nearer to getting the information that I need.

Ps - and I was calling on civilian landlines from overseas. If it was a commercial company, they'd be on Watchdog! What's the Head of Branch doing about our reputation?

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 19th May 2011 at 15:15.