PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 05:55
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the reality is that companies like Air Nelson will never change until you get rid of all the aero club rejects that sit in middle management.

As I have said before in these pages, when I first came back to NZ I tried to get into Air Nelson. Despite having instructed for a while in the local area, and having significant jet experience in the busiest airspace in Europe, I had no success, having been issued the standard "must have 50 hours recent NZ IF time" letter.

That annoyed me, so I eventually managed to get the Chief Pilot on the phone and asked him what the problem was.

I was told in no uncertain terms that "little b@stards like me" who had "jumped the queue" by working overseas, were absolutely "not welcome in Air Nelson" who only wanted people who had "paid their dues, swept out the hangar, cleaned the aeroplanes (for nothing)", etc etc etc.

Well OK it's their train set, so I just went back to Europe. But the attitude on display here is endemic in Air Nelson, and you will never change it.

Aviation in NZ is closed-minded and petty, and always has been. Good luck!