PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAP MBF Trustees sending Member toward Bankruptcy
Old 19th May 2011, 05:48
Mark Whitaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* Latest Update:

The Trustees had a board meeting last Friday. On Monday afternoon, I called the MBF office to ask the outcome and the office Manager was out. I left a message for her to call me back. One has to ask, why is it up to the member waiting on an outcome having to call the Office. They should be calling the member first thing!

It is now Thursday and I have had no phone calls from the Office. I have had no emails from the office. I have had no emails, letters nor any communication whatsoever from the Chairman. The last correspondence from the AAP ABF was the email I posted last month.

I have not written to the Trustees as they have shown that they ignore all my other letters. Public humiliation looks like my only option!

The only reason I am posting any of this on Pprune is because I am getting no information from the Trustees.

Today I did receive the monthly benefit into my bank account.

The Trustees have a duty to inform me as per the rules as to how I am to get my Medical back or why they are not paying me the Capital Benefit. They cannot just ignore me.

Some of you may not be aware but when the AAP MBF pays the monthly benefit, the Taxation department assesses this as an income so I pay tax. As I have a so called income, I am inegible for a health care card, or any other benefits from Centrelink. The pills I have to buy every month to keep me alive is now up to $200 – every month.

For those of you who suggested passing the hat around, thanks but no thanks. The hat has already been passed around; it’s called the AAP MBF. The current Trustees are morally bankrupt in not informing me as per their obligation within the rules as to how to move forward.

I have been to 3 different Cardiologists, all agreeing that my condition is permanent and medication is the only treatment. One of the Cardiologists has stated that 70% of patients with my condition never need surgical intervention. The Cardiologist who I was sent to by the Trustees stated that there is no guarantee that any surgery would fix the underlying problem with my Heart.

If the trustees wanted to cover their buts, why did they send me to another cardiologist who agreed with the other 2 and them ignore the report?

In the meeting in November, Mike Charlesworth stated in front of the 2 other Trustees that they have paid the Capital Benefit to a member who refused to have an Angiogram. I have had an Angiogram, The Cardiologist stated in his report that I need Medication, not Surgery.

I do not have private health insurance due to fanatical reasons and I have checked with Cairns Base Hospital about elective surgery on my Heart. I CANNOT have ELLECTIVE HEART Surgery - period. I have 3 Cardiologist reports stating that it is not required. The only time I will have Surgery is when I have a heart attack!

When is that going to be? According to one Cardiologist I have a 70% chance of never needing it. If I do have a heart attack and then need surgery, how old will I be? In another 10 years when I’m 63? Then wait 2 years before CASA reassess my Class 1 when I’m 65?

I have booked into my DAME for another go at CASA next week, just so I have another written failure to regain my Class 1. Is this what the Trustees want? I don’t know, they wont talk to me!

I have not been able to get to the accountant yet because I have been stuck in bed with lower back problems. I spent a night in Hospital on morphine over Easter and have been on vallium ever since to relieve the pain. Yes my wife has kicked me out, I am sleeping in the camper trailer. The second hand furniture dealer has come around and taken all our good furniture to sell on consignment, they wouldn’t buy it off us. One car will be repossessed in June, the other in July leaving us with no transport.

All because these gutless trustees think one day I will get my medical back. What a joke.

Dave Harget must he one gutless individual seeing he refuses to pick up the phone, email me or even write to me.

Regardless of the outcome I will be putting myself up for election in November because these Trustees need a kick up the arse for their lack of support for members when they loose their medical. Refusing to communicate in any way in offensive and insulting.

Mark Whitaker