PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 05:09
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for fun.... LIGHTEN UP!

Hi, I've got some questions that anyone who can only tell me nice things can answer please. If there is any real truth, first hand experience or many tears of experience then don't answer! I think I already have my mind made up anyway, but here goes:

I just watched Top Gun and then Air Crash Investigations. As a result I now want to be a pilot and have the right stuff.

Does Cathy employ pilots?

Also, who is Cathy?

If Cathy is as nice as she seems, will she pay me? (It really doesn't matter anyway....)

What should I wear when I arrive for my first flight? I think the interview is just a formality. I have a really funny t-shirt with a dog getting it's nuts caught on a barbed wire fence!! They will love it!

Is it REALLY and TRULY and REALLY true the sandwiches are FREE?

Will I get to be a Captain in 2 years, or 3?

I think Cathy will be good to me. Is it true I can be based anywhere I want? After all, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to!!! I think HK is a 2 hour drive north from my home in Majorca so it's pretty close anyway.

What is "seniority"?

I've done LOTS of research! But what are those other 140 pages all about on this thread?

I've never earned an income before so this is A LOT of money for the game arcade! I haven't considered any long term plans but everything is FREE!!

In 5 years is it true that I'll own my own 2500 sq ft apartment? I'll get a non factored $10k a month initially (they are SO NICE!) and only I've heard as much as a 3rd SO gets now when I become Captain (2 years?) so after all my research, where is the best place to park my cars and buy the apartment?

What's an "SO"? What does it stand for?

What is a forgivable loan? Does it mean if I say "Sorry, I really want to be a fireman now" they will forgive me?

Where is Adelaide? I think I have to go there for something. Is that true? WHY?

What is a P2X? Don't they know I ALREADY have a PSP!!!???

With all the research I've done, after 3 years I'll be a Captain on a Boeing 380 and about 15,000 hrs in my log book (what is that for anyway?). Can I use that to go back to Europe / America / Australia / NZ / Asia?? After all, I don't want to do "too much" study before telling them how passionate I am about my future!

I can't wait to meet the DFO, GMO and CEO and thank them!! What an opportunity! Apparently they really want to thank me instead??!! Something to do with the new 5 bedroom bungalow in Seminyak??

Does Cathy still sleep with the DFO, GMO and CEO because I don't want to be seen as being screwed or used!!

Thanks for any advice, cause I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY have to done so much study and mum and dad are so proud of me already!