PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 04:37
RR_NDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machinbird,

some aspect of the flight control system's ability to control the aircraft while in the storm was exceeded
"System ability", relates to Software (algorithms, etc) an the Hardware of a "relaxed stability a/c" (Computational capabilities, Redundancy, fuel transfer for CG, ctrl. surfaces, etc).

After a System degradation for any reason, you need to insert a third element in the System: The pilot(s).

Your question, as i understood is about System ability to cope with conditions before the degradation.*

Would you give the aircraft's control design a pass or a fail...?
Software and the algorithms are "evolving entities". The designers are always looking for improving. Trying to attain the "State of the art".

The in depth analysis of the FDR data together Airbus SAS designers could answer your question. Itīs a complex issue.

And the leaks we are observing may be are in preparation to deviate for a subjective discussion with this complexity.

In order to understand precisely your question could you remember the post #? I would like to confirm what i understood.

(*) After the degradation even CRM is "inside the loop". A highly unpredictable "System (a/c) performance"

Last edited by Jetdriver; 19th May 2011 at 13:54.