PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2002, 12:29
otfsne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype

I work on the frontline for Qatar Airways and what is happening is so unsafe, unethical and unacceptable it is an understatement to call it a Crisis!!

Some examples…..

Crews operating a 5 hour sector into one of the worlds most demanding airports Katmandhu on a turnaround basis in the height of the monsoon season.

Crews operating Trivandrum turnaround, again not far off 5 hours each sector in the height of the monsoon season with a reporting time of midnight.

Crewmembers rostered to operate these sorts of duties 4 to 5 times a month.

Legal days off now given down route with crews spending no more than 4 – 5 days a month at home in Doha with their families.

Flight Crew Limitations recently amended to make crews work even harder

Crew fatigue now at dangerous levels with these inhuman rosters

A320 flights recently operated by 3 cabin crew

A300 flights with full loads now being operated with 6 cabin crew

Engineering problems due to lack of spare parts

Staff leaving by the dozen, the majority due to extreme company dissatisfaction

Call this an airline!! It’s a disgrace and believe me I could go on…this is just the top of the iceberg!!!!

The problem is not the Qatari’s (good people), not Doha, not the staff, the problem is Akbar Al Baker, I know it, the staff knows it, Lufthansa know it…..

Mr Al Baker…. Success is not buying a lot of shiny new airplanes and opening lots of new routes with other peoples money, this anybody can do…success is having those Airbus full of high yield passengers, being operated by motivated, loyal, and rested crewmembers and at this you have failed Qatar Airways miserably, it is constructive criticism but then again you do not like that either.

In the wake of 9/11 with thousands of aviation professionals seeking employment, staffing is at crisis levels at Qatar Airways…!!!!

Unfortunately the way it going its only a matter of time before one comes down and comes down hard, wonder will you be so interesred to call it ‘My Airline’ when that happens.

Qatar Airways….do not believe the hype, its so Third World it aint true!