PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 17:15
mastafreighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent experience

Changing the conversation a bit, I noted somewhere in the murky past of posts that there were numerous comments regarding whether inflight service was/is better under WW crews or the new MF crews. I also read that PHX was changing to MF but not when.

Although airline staff, I pay full J class fares as published on BA.com so that when things go wrong, I can have a say in things (or so you would think). Having travelled outbound in early April, the lounge was packed with nowhere to sit and as usual, the crap served up as food was Chilli, Tikka Marsala or the poor salad bar. As someone who cannot tolerate spices, this is a problem for me. On board, the service was excellent but the food even worse including Tika Marsala again and Coronation Chicken sandwich for tea. Is BA not proud of its British Heritage and food? I therefore went to the Club Kitchen only to find nothing there as WT+ had raided it being unsupervised by the crew.

On the inbound flight this weekend, the food was excellent including salmon starter and Beef rib. The crew however were the worst I have ever come across. Sullen, lazy, rude and refused to have any eye contact at all. The second the trays were cleared, they were gone to be seen again at breakfast time. As we got to the train from B pier to the terminal, (and we were quick off the plane) at least two crew were on the same transit.

If the return crew were MF then BA has a problem with it's direction if this is any indication. If they were WW crew, then the sooner the route changes the better.

Having been stranded in the USA last June by BA when the PHX-LHR flight was canx due CC strike and given no assistance - just offered a flight 8 days later, this trip was a final try of BA. Unfortunately, BA failed due to inconsistency so they will lose four Gold/silver card holders as we have another UK airline that flies to that area of the USA who will benefit and hopefully appreciate our business.