PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 09:47
KATLPAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i for one am glad Le Figaro (and ZeeDooktor's friend's friend friend) has very nicely wrapped this up in very simple layman's terms. This convenient leak has absolved the aircraft, airbus/EADS and AF leaving only the crew to swing. Surprised? I'm not. This 'news' of crew screw up will become the one accepted 'fact' with little attention on the before and after (swiss cheese). The real story is the seconds and minutes before and after initial upset, importantly, why were they unable to recover?

This was not an inexperienced crew, even if their actions lead them in, the real story still lies in what they were trained for and obviously how airbus logic and design works when things go pear shaped. Again, these are billion euro questions and answers that may never see the light of day given we MAY have pilots talking about a weekend in Rio w cabin crew (let's hope some mention of sex was included). Much easier to understand and accept by Joe public who want a sound bite or tweet.

This Le Figaro leak is doing exactly Everything needed by those who have the most at risk....BEA is not obliged to respond w any additional information or answer any difficult questions, AF and Airbus the same. The sooner this 'fact' is spread the sooner the story is accepted and forgotten leaving the crew at fault alone. I hope LF digs deeper and does not leave things as they are.