PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot job
Thread: Pilot job
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 08:33
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... I admit, there are more optimistic ways to see the last century shameless (shameless for many reasons...) space race and the nowadays "space" tourism.
Us, pilots are always convinced by the "space" stuff, I just show an other angle for our viewpoint, it cannot hurt, food for thought that's all.

Mainly I don't like that the space propaganda (movies, scientist, space enthousiats...) give us (uncounsiously) the justification not to take care of our earth, and make us beleive that our heritage for our kids will be our technology, technology that allows any dream to come true. This is all wrong, our only heritage for the future is the earth, the sooner we will understand that the sooner we will change our life philosophy.
Knowing and truly understanding we will live on the earth for ever would change many things in our way of thinking and would be for the best, instead of trying to escape this reality by speaking about space and "jumping" in the atmosphere like a junky takes his shot of drug to forget about the reality of his life.