PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Moth Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 08:08
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's start again....... Everything is forgotten and forgiven.....

Some are here to learn and others are here to give advice or both. We are ALL saddened by the loss of life, injuries and loss of a beautiful plane, but this forum is not intended to be an in-memoriam register....

No one intends to crash, so I am sure the pilot was intending a diligent flight within the frame of his own perceived limitations as well as within the frame of what he understood to be his plane's limitations.

I am a pilot and a foreigner to the UK and I would like to know what may have caused this accident, and I do not want to wait for the investigation, this is why I come on this forum.

The debris field seems from the video and photo's to be so small that very little horizontal speed was there at the moment of impact combined with some substantial vertical speed.

Is there someone close to the airplane and/or occupants who can shed light on the background of either the plane or the pilot.

Are there TM pilots who are willing to shed some light on the possibly applicable idiosyncrasies of the TM which could have contributed to this crash?